Topic of interest: Equity in education
This webinar has been developed in collaboration with the Centre for Research and Reform in Education (CRRE) at Johns Hopkins University. It has been designed to support school leaders, teachers and practitioners to keep up with the latest studies into evidence-led approaches to education from across the world.
Dr Amanda Neitzel, Deputy Director of Evidence Research at the CRRE says:
“Best Evidence in Brief (BEiB) Live is a webcast that consists of summary articles describing individual studies, research reviews, and policy developments in the evidence movement in education. During our ten years producing the BEiB newsletter, we have seen evidence-based decision-making in education grow at national and international levels. We are proud that BEiB has been a part of that advocacy, and hope the information you learn here helps you help your students.”
In the webinar you will hear from Dr Amanda Neitzel, as well as a number of fellow researchers, presenting new findings in educational research around equity in education.
• Is free and reduced-price lunch a valid measure of educational disadvantage?
• Does school tracking increase efficiency and inequalities in educational systems?
• Using data to help ensure equity in suspensions
• Towards equitable opportunities for advanced math
• Equitably identifying gifted students
• Strategies to bridge the gaps in gifted education
• Online professional development course helped teachers learn equitable instructional approaches at a critical time
A full list of all BEiB research can be found here