At National Online Safety, we provide multi-award-winning online safety education for the whole school community. It’s our mission to make the internet a safer place for children. We believe that when children go online to learn, communicate or play, they should be able to do so safely. That’s why we provide schools all over the world with the knowledge they need in order to tackle new and evolving online risks.
Lesson Plans for Year 3 (Age 7-8) 2023-24
Updated for 2023-24, our interactive video lesson plans will bring your classroom to life!
Children now are more digitally savvy than ever before. At this age, they’re gaining more independence and starting to explore the online world further, so it’s important that they’re taught how to navigate content safely and make sure they have the confidence and awareness to raise anything they’re not sure about.
Purposely developed to make life easier for teachers, our lesson plans for year 3 provide you with everything you need to engage and inspire young minds to learn about online safety.
Formed directly in line with the learning objectives from the UKCIS Education for a Connected World Framework, and designed to support statutory curriculum requirements and recommended best practice, our lesson plans include:
- An easy-to-follow structure with clear objectives, teacher-led activities and independent tasks to support different learning styles
- Complementary videos to nurture learning through play, exploring and creativity
- Playful resources to aid and support lesson plan activities and discussion
- Keywords and glossary to help prompt topic association and embed classroom learning
- Key questions and recap ideas to stimulate discussion and independent thought
Developed in line with and to support statutory policy and recommended guidance, including:
- Education for a Connected World
- Relationships education, relationships and sex education (RSE) and health education
- Teaching online safety in school
Based on the 8 topics outlined in the UKCIS Education for a Connected World Framework
- Self-image & identity
- Online relationships
- Online reputation
- Online bullying
- Managing online information
- Health, wellbeing & lifestyle
- Privacy & security
- Copyright & ownership