National Association of Teachers for Religious Education (NATRE)
Subject teacher association for RE professionals founded with the intention of being a single professional organisation that would be a powerful advocate for RE nationally, NATRE formed and maintained strong links with organisations such as:
- The Religious Education Council of England and Wales (REC)
- The Association of RE Inspectors, Advisers and Consultants (AREIAC)
- The Association of University Lecturers in Religion and Education (AULRE)
- The National Association of SACREs (NASACRE)
- The Shap Working Party on World Religions in Education
- RE Today Services
Since its founding, NATRE continues to be a national voice for RE, both supporting teachers and lobbying for the subject locally and nationally.
NATRE provides a focal point for the concerns of RE professionals, a representative voice at national level for all who teach and lead in RE. They also offer publications and courses to support professional development.
Its all-inclusive membership service, in collaboration with RE Today Services, NATRE provides a comprehensive range of benefits and support for all those who teach RE.